Tuesday, March 13, 2018

A Knight Card


There was no post yesterday because I wasn’t home! My sisters and I went to Toronto for the Canada Blooms show. This flower show is huge! We all like gardening so we made the trip down for a “Sister Day”….our first and likely last as Bette is moving to another province. Bette and I got the 6:18 am train to Aldershot where we met Pearl and switched to the GO train (think subway above the ground) to Toronto. They have agents that make random checks to see if you have a ticket or not and we were checked. We had tickets of course but the agent didn’t believe we were all seniors. Flattering but we like the discounts so we finally convinced him we were indeed seniors but it took awhile…and much laughter! It was a long day of walking and more walking and then another three hour train ride home so I was too tired to post anything.

        So, here is a Tuesday card instead of a Monday’s card. 


        This old stamp is always popular in a card for young boys. It was coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol. The rectangles and small flourish on the banner were die cut with Spellbinder dies; the banner with a Hero Arts die; the stitched die behind the image is a Die-Namics die and the sentiment is a Sizzix die. When I die cut letters I like to put double sided tape behind them so I can just peel it off and stick them down. So much easier than trying to get small drops of glue on the back of those skinny letters. The background paper is from the stash.

        That’s all for a snowy and then sunny then snowy and then sunny Tuesday! March 13, 2018. I’ll be back tomorrow with another card.



Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.

       


1 comment:

  1. A Sister's Day! How great is that?! How wonderful to have gardening in common. Sounds like a really nice day Violet.. Violet,Bette and Pearl... such pretty names.

    I like your knight! And the bright colors around him really make him stand out. I think any little boy would just love that card.

    This morning started out so foggy... then the sun came out and a little wind picked up but all in all a gorgeous early Spring day.. The deer have been by to visit and the birds have been at the feeders and bath.. I've been outside raking up some pine needles.. not fun.. Big Hugs Girlfriend.. i hope you got some rest.. deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...