Friday, March 16, 2018

Butterflies!


Our trip to Canada Blooms on Monday was the hi-lite of the week….it went downhill after that….thanks to the dreaded toothache. It became infected on Thursday so it was yet another emergency trip to the dentist office. My own dentist was on holidays but another dentist released the pressure and gave me a prescription for antibiotics. They cannot do the root canal now until the infection has cleared up completely. It feels better today so I think it will continue to improve now. Always something!

        Today’s card came together quite by accident. I was looking through my purple/pink paper stash and found a strip of four butterflies on heavy cardstock. Pretty, but what to do with them? Well, here is what I came up with. 


I found more plain coloured cardstock that matched the brighter butterflies and die cut them all the same size. Then I cut one plain white piece of cardstock the same size and stamped the sentiment. They were taped together at the back. This was then layered on top of some pink paper; then darker paper and then onto to the paper on the card base – which is a 5.5 square card base. Then silver peel-off strips were added between and around the first layer to hi-lite it….and they hide the edges that were taped together at the back. I really like how it turned out! Whew! More of the stash used up!

        That’s all for a very cold Friday, March 16, 2018. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and Ill be back on Monday with another post.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...