Friday, April 27, 2018

A Salvaged Card


We’ve had a couple of beautiful days here in Ontario although the wind still has quite a bite to it. Unfortunately we may get a thunderstorm tonight and rain tomorrow. Hopefully May will be more in the average temperature range than April has been. May is the month the warblers and other migratory birds land in Ontario on their way up to Northern Ontario to nest and raise their babies – and then fly back to Southern USA, Mexico or South America in the fall. They have no idea why they fly so far just to raise their young but we are so glad they do. It’s our only chance to see some of these birds.

Today I’m posting a birthday card for a man. I have three sons-in-law and my granddaughter’s fiancée who all love the outdoors so I’ve been experimenting with some card ideas using the Stampin’ Up woodland embossing folder. This one didn’t work out well but I was able to salvage it.




I attempted to stamp some old cars on the back of the embossing folder but they smeared and looked like lumps of garbage instead of cars. I liked the top part of the embossed piece though with the trees and sky showing so I decided to try to salvage it. First I die cut it into a square; tied a black and white bakers twine around it and mounted it very dark brown cardstock. It was then mounted on the Kraft card base.

The deer was die cut out of the same Kraft brown using the Tim Holtz deer die; the edges were inked with dark brown ink and it was glued on. The strip along the side was embossed with an old Cuttlebug embossing strip using some of the same very dark brown cardstock. The sentiment is a peel-off. The camera cut off some of the photo but the card is the standard 4.25 x 5.5. None of the guys in my family will see it. A friend of mine saw it and wanted it so it’s gone. Doesn’t matter, I can make more and their birthdays are a ways off.

That’s all for a sunny but clouding over Friday, April 27, 2018. Have a wonderful weekend; stay safe; and if possible, perform a random act of kindness. You may never know whose life you can turn around just by being kind.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...