Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Make a Background and Another Crazy Cat Card



        The heat wave ended Sunday night and we are back to very comfortable conditions - along with rain.      
       So far June has not been my favourite month like it usually is! The weather has either been cold and windy; hot and humid; or raining. To top that all off I found out yesterday that the tooth beside my front tooth has a crack and cannot be saved (root canal years ago weakened it) so it has to be removed! I won’t be smiling for awhile! Then today I went to the chiropractor because I thought I’d pulled a muscle or put something out in my hip – nope, can’t be that simple with me – I pulled a hamstring! No biking or any strenuous exercises until it heals. I told him we have reduced our biking to only 20 km a day but that did not change a thing….. so I’m on the disabled list – again! I told him I don’t smoke, don’t drink, vegetarian who exercises...…. and my body hates me for it! That got a good laugh …..but didn't get me off the disabled list.

        Today’s card is another one from Tim Holtz Crazy Bird set.






The background is one I made with left over strips of paper. I sat down a few times when I wasn’t feeling very creative and just made backgrounds. These ones were just various paper of various widths glued to piece of Kraft paper leaving a bit of a gap between them so the Kraft colour shows. Then I added a piece of Kraft cardstock along the bottom and mounted it on a Kraft card base.

        The bird was sponged with Distress Ink and then die cut with the co-ordinating dies. I love how they can cut out that small areas between the legs and not cut off the legs…..that’s why I wanted the dies. I stamped the bird twice so I die cut the beak; eyes and wing using the dies that come with the set. the glasses; balloon and string were die cut using accessory die cut pack.

        The sentiment was computer generated and then die cut using some old QuicKutz dies and I made some ink lines and dots around it while it was still in the die. 
         That’s all for another rainy Wednesday, June 20, 2018. 
I’ll be back on Friday with another card.  
  Cheers
Violet
PS: To safe a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.







         





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...