Wednesday, July 4, 2018

A Grunge Card


I think I’m melting…. The heat wave continues with the temperature around 34C (94F) but feels like 41C (105F).

        We had to run a few errands today and wanted to go visit Joe’s sister so we braved it and ventured out….. and it was so hot it was unbearable. The heat on the weekend was so hot it buckled one of the highways! Now that’s hot! One more day of this and then the temperatures will be back to normal – thank goodness. I love summer and the heat, but not this humidity.

        Tomorrow is my oldest grandson’s birthday. Joven will be 19. He’s in university studying criminology with the hopes of joining either the Police or the RCMP – which scares the daylights out of me but we must support their choices. Here’s the card I made for him.
 

I wanted to make him a grunge card! He is after all a young man so heaven forbid they get a card with gems, bows or glitz on it. I used stamps from Stampin’ Up and their ink, Night of Navy and Crumb Cake. I wanted it to look like paintball splatters. I really didn’t like it so I showed it to Joe and asked his opinion – he thought it was great!....Yup, the man’s opinion is so different than woman’s! I hand cut the banner, sponged it with Crumb Cake and glued it on a piece of left over blue cardstock. The button is a paper one that I die cut and sponged Stampin’ Up Early Espresso on and tied on some jute string and attached it with a strong glue dot. It was then mounted on a Kraft card base.

        I’m still not crazy about it but hopefully Joven will like it.

        That’s all for a very, very hot and humid Wednesday, July 4, 2018. Happy 4th of July to all my readers from the U.S.A.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...