Wednesday, August 22, 2018

A Card Challenge


        It was another busy day today. For some odd reason the temperatures plummeted over night and it was actually quite cool today….at least the wind was. However, more hot and humid weather along with thunderstorms are fast approaching!

        Today’s card is for a card challenge on hhtps://crazy4challenges.blogspot.com. I was checking out some sites I have on my favourite list and decided to follow their challenge – which meant I had to follow a sketch! Yes, I, who seldom ever follows a sketch or even thinks ahead of time what to create, had to follow a sketch. And I liked it so much I made two cards last night. Here’s the first one I made using this sketch.




Here’s my version of it.






        I needed a couple of anniversary cards so that’s what I decided on. I had some dark yellow cardstock cut down to the standard card size with some left over bits on the desk so I made a yellow card. I pulled out that designer paper to add a little background interest and cut it down 1/8” smaller all around than the card. The heart sentiment came from a stamp set I won months and months ago. I stamped it on white cardstock and then cut around it. Then I laid it, upside down, on a piece of the same yellow as the card base and traced around it and then cut it out leaving less than ¼” edge and glued them together.

The band across the middle of the card is from a Martha Stewart punch….I just found a windfall at the thrift store of someone who obviously gave up crafting and I am now the proud owner of several new punches and other goodies (it was the most expensive 3 boxes of crafting supplies I have ever bought at the thrift store but worth it). Anyway, I glued the band on and then the heart. The daisies and butterfly are from K and Co. – a dollar store find. Yes, I’m just a bit thrifty and I love a bargain. If it’s not on sale, at the dollar store or thrift store, I probably won’t buy it unless I’m desperate for it.

        Anyway, once everything was glued down I added the sentiment. This was a silver peel-off sentiment and I ran a yellow BIC marker over it to give it a light golden yellow tinge. The gold peel-off sentiment was too bright. Then it was glued to the card base. I liked it so much I made another one – totally different but same sketch – stay tuned for that one.

        That’s all for a cool Wednesday, August-22-18.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...