Wednesday, January 23, 2019

A Feather Card


            First we had the mildest December ever; then it turned bitter cold…the coldest few days in January ever; then last night it was freezing rain; today – rain and melting. Is it any wonder so many people, including me, are sick and cannot get over it.

        While I’ve been stuck in the house I used the time to make some more washable sanitary pads for girls in Africa. My friend and I make these that are distributed through Food for Children out of Toronto. Then the sewing machine broke and was back in for repairs. I do all my paper crafting down in the basement….which we refer to as the ‘lower studio’….but it was way too cold for me, who was trying to get over a virus, to sit down there……so, I brought up my Big Shot; paper trimmer; paper; and dies and sat and die cut word sentiments and glued them together. I find just a single cut is pretty flimsy but it is time consuming to always die cut it twice and glue it together but time is what I had so I used it well. I was just getting pretty bored with doing it when the sewing machine came back! Perfect timing. I’m back to finishing up the pile of sanitary pads and then I’ll just work on sewing some scrap squares together….I don’t feel like doing anything that requires much thought or concentration.

        Today’s card is another masculine card which a lot of card markers do not enjoy making but I like the challenge.

 

         I’m always trying to use the stash when ever I can so I dug into the brown pile and pulled some paper to put the card base together. Before attaching the solid brown piece I ran it through the Big Shot using some feather dies - but embossed rather than cut the feather dies. Then I chose some real feathers from my feather stash….yes, I have a feather stash too…glued them together; tied a piece of jute around it and then through a brown button and glued it all on. Then I hand cut that banner and added the peel-off sentiment.

This is a typical style of masculine cards….no flowers; no bows; no bling!

        That’s all for a wet Wednesday, January 23, 2019.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


 



1 comment:

  1. I just LOVE your feather cards Violet!! How do you keep the mites from eating up your feathers.. I tried sending one through the mail and the feathers were a mess by the time it got there... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...