Monday, January 21, 2019

Cold....cold....cold


        Brrrrr. Besides having a wicked snow storm....we got just over 8" but east of here got a couple of feet, we are having severe bitter cold weather right now too. The likes of we have not seen in over 20 years. This morning it was -22C (-7F) but with the wind chill it felt like -29C (-20F)…not that I was out in it mind you! I’m smarter than that – and I’m not quite over the virus that I picked up before Christmas so I’m still staying put until its 100% cleared up. As soon as I start feeling better and start going out I have a relapse so I’ve learned my lesson and staying.

        This is how I feel about winter:

 

        Today’s card is another “I wonder if this will work” card. I love to experiment.

        I stamped and coloured these flowers using pencils and gamsol again and then die cut them. Yellow Stickles were added to the middle and Wink of Stella to the flowers themselves and then set aside to dry….…..and then I wondered what the heck was I going to do with them. So first I pulled out some purple and mauve paper and made the front of the card. Then I laid the flowers on in different arrangements and didn’t like any of them. I thought to myself, they look like the ones you buy from the florist that come wrapped in paper….bingo….I grabbed a piece of vellum and twisted it into a cone shape and popped the various flower pieces in. Better….but it needed something else. So, some greenery was die cut and placed in and around the flowers. Once I liked it, everything was glued in place and a purple and white baker’s twine was wrapped around the vellum and tied into a bow. Then the die cut sentiment was attached.

        That’s all for a sunny but bitter cold Monday, January-21-19. Did anyone stay up to see the lunar eclipse last night? Unfortunately the moon was right above our house and I was not venturing outside to see it. My nephew did though and got some amazing shots. I’ll try to see the one in 2021…..if it isn’t cold again.

         Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...