Monday, April 22, 2019

A Card and Baby Owls


            Well, Mother Nature forgot to turn the water taps off for a few days but finally realized they were running non-stop yesterday and turned them off….for a few days! We took advantage of a couple of nice days but going for a walk (great photos of baby owls below) and getting some yard work done.

        The Great Horned Owlets were playing peek-a-boo with us this morning so I was able to snap a few photos of them. Here are a couple of my favourites.

 




         Today’s card is one that almost got tossed in the garbage but after saving it and performing some odd techniques it turned out quite nice.

 



        The background is a photo of some random objects…not sure what now. The camera club had set up a room full of various objects for us to practice taking close up photos so I was just going clicking-crazy. I printed it off on to photo paper because it was so pretty I thought it would make a great background. I pulled out a few stamps to see which ones would work and decided on this scribble flower stamp. I was so cure it would be so nice stamped on this background….wrong! The lines were so skinny that you couldn’t even see what they were unless you held it up to the light. Well, I hate giving up that easily so I thought about how to correct it and then decided to see what would happen if I used alcohol markers to colour in the flowers and leaves. I don’t have Copics, just some cheap alcohol markers that I seldom use. I was afraid they would also cover up the black scribble lines but lo and behold the pink alcohol maker just brought those flowers to life. Then I used a green one on the leaves and down each stem. To finish the card I stamped and embossed the sentiment in white on a black die cut fancy banner then mounted it on a pink card base. One of my daughters has a birthday coming up and she just might get this one.

        That’s all for a sunny and warm…but with a coolish wind…Monday, April 22, 2019.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 



1 comment:

  1. OmGosh violet look at those baby owls!!! i can't believe you got those amazing photos!! So adorable!! :)

    I love that card! Love the color and whimsy ... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...