Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Another Ninja Card


        Another mostly sunny day here but the wind is still blowing cool air to remind us that it’s not quite time for shorts and T-shirts yet….but soon I hope.

        This card is the first Ninja card I made and although it turned out alright in the end, it took a few tries.

 


        Both the Ninja and the rectangle cut-out frame are from Aliexpress. Love the Ninjas but this frame die is a challenge. Instead of being 5.5” x 4.25” it’s just a wee bit larger than that so it doesn’t fit on a standard card. The first one I cut was out of that darker brown. I set the stitched rectangles to one side and my thought was to mount this on a blue card base and then add the Ninjas. It was when I placed it on the card base that I realized that it didn’t fit and overlapped just enough to look awful. So, I decided to trim off a little bit on each side but…..didn’t work! I did the top part okay but when I put the long side in, it was too large and flimsy to stay in place and it bunched up and when the blade came down, it took a chunk out of it….off it went to the recycle bag. So, I decided the best thing to do was to use a larger white card base and trim it down so that is what I did. Then I had to die cut another frame so I did it in the light Kraft colour and simply inserted the darker brown pieces….and now I have light brown rectangles to use in another project.

The Ninjas were stamped and embossed in black and the faces and hands were coloured in with a Tombow marker and the swords were coloured in with a silver pen. They were then die cut with the matching dies and each one was then die cut out of black foam. The stamped Ninjas were glued to the foam and then onto the card. I stamped and embossed the “wish Big” in black. The large Happy Birthday started out as a gold peel-off but I went over it with a black BIC pen to tone down the gold and make it look tarnished – more boyish looking that way. I think this card is going to my youngest grandson whose birthday is in a couple of weeks.

That’s all for an almost-spring day on April 24, 2019.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...