Wednesday, April 17, 2019

HIYA! A Ninja Card


            Not much news to share today….weather hasn’t changed much…so I’ll get right to posting the card for today. I recently saw this Ninja stamp set and matching dies on Aliexpress and it was so stinking cute I couldn’t resist them. I’ve already made three cards from it. Here's one of them.

 

        This is just one of six stamps and dies. There are a lot of little stamps too but I haven’t figured out how to use them yet. The Ninja was stamped on white cardstock using VersaMark ink and then black ink and then sprinkled with black embossing powder and heat set. The face and hands were coloured in with a Tombow marker. Then I used the matching die to die cut it….I don’t have many of these so I need practice lining them up correctly. On the first card I made I tried attaching the Ninja by cutting bits of dimensional tape but it was awkward...then I got a brain storm of an idea. I die cut a piece of black foam using the matching die…..cut just fine; glued the die cut stamped Ninja onto the matching black foam and then glued it to the card…so much easier and more stable.

The circle sentiment is from Memory Box…I think…I’ve had it for a few years now. I was going to just die cut a red circle to fit just behind the yellow circle but when I laid down the die cut yellow on a pre-cut red circle I found, I liked it so much better I just used that one instead of cutting a smaller one. The polka dot paper is from the stash. It was glued to a light green card base.

        That’s all for a bit warmer and a bit less wet Wednesday, April 17th, 2019. Its quilt guild meeting tonight and it will be so good to get out seeing my quilting friends. I missed both February and March’s meeting because I was sick. I’ll be back on Friday with another card.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...