Saturday, June 15, 2019

A Card and a Quilt


        It’s another dull, dreary, cloudy and chance of rain type of day here….and Joe is tired and having a nap so I’m taking a minute to post a quilt and a card….they go together. Here’s the quick version of why they do.

        There is a senior lady in Ohio that had two Great Pyrenees and unfortunately had to have surgery and could not look after her dogs and could not find anyone else who could. Somehow someone contacted my daughter in Ottawa who has been rescuing, fostering and adopting dogs, mostly Great Pyrenees, for years. They had just recently lost their last Pyr and had only a sweet, gently old pit bull with dementia left to look after. They agreed to adopt the lady’s two Pyrs. I asked my daughter if the lady was informed that her dogs would be in a loving forever home and she assured me that she did know. The lady had sent them a couple pictures of the dogs and one of her with one of them. My daughter asked me if I could make the lady a memory quilt if she sent me more photos. How could I say no? This is the memory quilt that I made for the lady.

 



Of course she had to have a card to go along with the quilt so this is the card I made for her.

 

         I die cut the two stitched hearts and the dogs. The edges of the dogs were inked with a light cream to add some dimension. The background was just a piece of red check paper with the edges inked with red. My daughter wanted the sentiment to say “love is forever” so it was computer generated on a hand cut banner which is popped up with dimensional foam tape. Then I die cut the hearts and added them.

(The dogs were transported from Ohio to Ottawa, Canada by the Freedom Drivers…people who volunteer their time to transport dogs…and other animals but mostly dogs…from one city to another until they reach their destination. It’s a great organization and if you like to drive and save dogs, contact them).

        That’s all for a dreary Saturday, June 15, 2019.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 



1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful story Violet!! And a gorgeous memory quilt for her and card.. Your one in a million! So nice of you to do this! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...