Wednesday, June 12, 2019

A Masculine Card


        I’m taking a few minutes to post another card. The same friend that requested a 50th wedding anniversary card also requested a thank you card for a man. This is what I came up with.




        First thing I did was dig through the green stash to find some soft green paper/cardstock and found it! The designer paper at the top was taped to a piece of light sage green and set aside. An oval Spellbinder’s circle was used to die cut the oval from the same sage green. I wanted something light to put the green oval on and I thought this pale yellow would work. I cut a piece off and ran it through the wood grain embossing folder. A left over piece was cut to about 1/3” and it placed it over the seam. Before gluing the green oval on, I put it in my T.H. stamp positioner and stamped the trees – Stampin’ Up Silhouette – I stamped it two or three times to get a good strong impression. Before gluing the pieced background to the white card base, I stamped the sentiment – also in the stamp positioner. Once everything was glued down I just added the black dew drops. She really liked it – whew!
I think this could easily be a masculine birthday card as well just by changing the sentiment.

        That’s all for a lovely Wednesday, June 12, 2019. More rain and thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow though….then nice on Friday and a rainy weekend predicted.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 



1 comment:

  1. Very manly i think! :) Just love all the layers and textures.. And you know i'm a tree person. :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...