Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Golden Anniversary Card


        I’m back!...and with a card to share. Unfortunately it was my hubby that had…and has…some medical problems and he has been confined to bed rest for almost 6 weeks…although he is now walking with a walker around the house so that is progress. I haven’t had much time to do make cards or quilt but I do so when I have a little free time. Between looking after him….and he has been a wonderful patient…and doing all the cooking and cleaning, housework and laundry…the last three he did the majority of…there isn’t much leisure time left. However, one of my friends asked if I could make her a 50th wedding anniversary card which was just what I needed to get back to the lower studio…aka the basement! I made her two cards so she would have a choice. This is the one she did not pick.

 

        The top die and wavy banner were die cut from some subtle but shiny paper. Gold paper was glued to a 5 ½ square card and then the die cuts were glued on top of it. I placed the wavy banner in the Tim Holtz card positioner and stamped the sentiment using VersaMark and then gold embossing powder and heat set it. I still get a little heavy handed when stamping but trying not to! She liked this card but liked the verse in the other card better so she went with it. I’ll post it in a few days.

        I’ll be posting whenever I have something to post and the time to do so, so I do hope you will stop in once in awhile as well. In the meantime, if you are looking for inspiration for a specific type of card, just click on LABELS, and then click on the link of what you are looking for. That will bring up only posts with those cards.

        That’s all for a sunny (finally) Tuesday, June 4, 2019.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 



1 comment:

  1. I'm here i'm here i'm here!!! You knew i would be right?! So good to see you and to hear that Joe is up and moving around.. really really glad to hear that! Big big hugs to both of you! Love all the detail on that card girlfriend.... cannot wait to see the one she picked! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...