Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Black Flowers on Yellow


        We are having perfect summer weather…at least in my opinion. It’s hot enough for T-shirts but cool enough we can leave the A/C off and have the windows open. Love it! I spent just over two solid hours getting the garden cleaned up. With hubby requiring a lot of care and not able to help with the laundry and cleaning…which were pretty much his jobs….I had to let something go and it was the garden. Yikes! Weeds love it when they are ignored. So glad that is done though.

        Today’s card is another “wonder if this will work’ card.

      

        I had taken a large piece of white cardstock and blended many colours of Distress Inks over it and then splattered it with water…..set it aside because I really didn’t have any plan in mind…..I just felt like blending colours. So the other day I picked up this unbranded die that does not cut the edges and wondered what it would be like on that blended cardstock. So the cardstock was cut down to about 4” x 5” and then I ran the die on it through the Big Shot….which I think needs some serious maintenance but that’s another story. Anyway, it was okay but there had to be something behind it….I tried white – blah!...but when I put it on black – yes! Liked it. So I cut the black a little larger than the yellow piece and mounted it. Then the wild flower was die cut and glued on…still needed something else so a couple of die cut butterflies were added. Then it was all glued to a yellow/orange card base. I didn’t add a sentiment because I’m not sure what type of card I will need next…it could be a birthday, thinking of you or even a sympathy card. I showed this one to Joe to see if he wanted it for the thank you card for the physiotherapist (see yesterday's post) but he turned it down.

        That’s all for a sunny Wednesday, July 24, 2019.

I’ll be back on Friday with another card.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...