Monday, September 16, 2019

A Clean and Simple Card


            Mother Nature cannot decide if its summer or fall. One day, or even part of a day, it’s hot and humid and then it’s cool again. Today is one of those days. Yesterday we had rain showers off and on but it didn’t stop us from going to the Monarch Festival at Rondeau Provincial Park. They had a really good turn out and the children loved tagging the butterflies and letting them go. We took a short walk on one of the trails but Joe is still recuperating so we didn’t go far….but it was so nice to walk in the bush again. We did see some hummingbirds that are slowly moving south and one sat on a branch to rest and I was able to get a couple nice shots of her.



        Today’s card falls under the heading ‘clean and simple’. There is one clean and simple blog challenge where you can enter your cards but this week they want something metallic on the card and I didn’t add that so I won’t be entering.

 

         I have no idea what inspired this card but I guess I just wanted a clean and simple birthday card. So I took a piece of white and pink paper that was sitting in the stash and die cut the bottom of the butterfly and then die cut the top from plain pink and added the body and antennae….this is a Memory Box butterfly die. The sentiment was stamped in a hot pink, almost red ink, at the bottom of the card and then it was glued to the pink card base. I decided at that point I needed something else so I punched out some white hearts and added them. This is not my usual style of card making but sometimes it’s important to step outside of the box….especially the crafting box.

        That’s all for a cool and more-rain-coming Monday, September 16, 2019. I’ll be back on Wednesday with another card.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...