Friday, October 4, 2019

Christmas Ornament Card


Today is sort of my anniversary…no, not wedding…that was in June…. This is a different kind of anniversary….19 years ago today I had very risky brain surgery… so risky the neurosurgeon, who came out of semi-retirement to take me on as a patient, didn’t not want to perform it….I had to talk him into it. He was afraid I would end up dying on the table or wake up as a vegetable…. Didn’t happen! Here I am still enjoying life and watching four more grandchildren being born and growing up. I’m left with two brain disorders, trigeminal neuralgia and hemi-facial paralysis, but I’m still here and functioning pretty well.

It’s raining here today, which my brain disorders do not like, so its only seems fitting that today they are acting up …. Just as a reminder I guess. I can’t do any sewing today – brain disorders do not like noise, not even sewing machine noise, so I’ve been down in the lower studio (aka the basement) getting started on my Christmas cards. I usually have them done way before now but with Joe being ill the last 6 months, it just didn’t happen.

Here is one of the cards I just made.

 

         I’m a very slow card maker….probably because I never use a sketch ahead of time and I’m constantly changing my mind of which direction to go… but this one was finished quicker than most. The ornament is from a Stampin’ UP die and the back was die cut out of glitter gold and the fancy top from white shiny cardstock…not sure where I got it from but it’s almost plastic looking. The branches are from a Tim Holtz die. They took the longest to make because once they were die cut, I laid them out on a piece of glue resist paper and added some silver glitter glue and then dumped on white glitter. I make several at one time and once they are dry – overnight – they can be stored in a container for future use. The wooden star is from Stampin’ Up as well but I brushed some gold ink over it. The background is from my stash and it is mounted on the same gold glitter paper as the back of the star and then onto a card base…which I also spread some gold ink around the edges so it would blend in better.

That’s all for a cold and rainy Friday, October 4, 2019. Wishing you all a very healthy, safe and creative weekend. See you back here on Monday where I’ll be posting yet another Christmas card.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Violet Happy Anniversary to you! I forget sometimes what you've been through. I'm so very glad your still here and we have become friends. Look at all you have experienced because you were brave enough to do that surgery.

    Gorgeous card! Beautiful dies... and you put them together just perfectly. You sure have an eye for what looks good together. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...