Monday, October 7, 2019

Let It Snow???


Let it snow? …yeah, somewhere else maybe but not here. I’m not much of a winter person….and hubby HATES winter. However the card I made over the weekend has “Let it Snow” on the label. Here’s the card.

 

        I wanted to use up some thin paper scraps so I pulled out some with blue tones and glued them onto a piece of scrap paper. Because this is a small piece, I just used a tape runner to hold them down. Once they were glued in place I ran it through the Big Shot (which I think needs new gears or rollers or what ever is inside….its making a funny noise) anyway, I used a fancy label and die cut it. This die set is an unbranded one from Aliexpress. It cuts out that white piece, plus a border which I used on another card, plus the square and some other dies….nice die pack. Anyway, I glued them all down and then stamped that snowman (Stampendous) on white cardstock and coloured him quickly with alcohol markers….which I seldom use. I hand cut him and laid him on the die cut label and he sort of blended in with the background…not what I had in mind. So I glued him to a piece of dark blue….same as the square behind the label and cut around it leaving a very small border – much better. Then it was glued to the background which was on a 5.5 square card base ….they don’t cost extra to mail in Canada …. And then stamped the “Let it Snow” sentiment and die cut it with a stitched fish tail banner die. It’s attached with a dimensional glue strip. This card will be fine for a family that celebrates Christmas but not in a very religious way.

        It was a very nice day here today and we actually got out for a short walk. Joe is feeling better but has to get his strength back so a short walk was a good start.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...