Wednesday, October 2, 2019

A Christmas Card on a Rainy Wednesday


        I think fall is definitely back. Yesterday we actually had to turn the A/C back on – it was over 90F – this morning, brrrrr…. everyone had jackets on again…. and right now it’s raining and may continue until sometime tomorrow afternoon…. pretty typical Ontario weather for this time of the year.

        I really like how this card turned out….. so much so I’m going to make a couple more like it. When I bought this die I wondered how I would turn it into a card….now I know.

 

         The die itself is a smallish square die. It and the sentiment stamp that I used were both unbranded from Aliexpress. So first off I die cut it out of black cardstock and then trimmed off the edges. Then I took a piece of white cardstock and started blending some Distress Inks all over it leaving one area more yellow than pink and orange…there is also red Distress ink there too. Then the die cut image was glued on. Then I wondered what the heck I was going to mount it on….I know, I know, I should have a plan or sketch before I start but I seldom every do. So while I was rummaging through my scrap bin I found this heavy cardstock with a lot of the same colours and some areas were glittered – bonus! I glued the die cut image on over to the right because I knew I wanted to add the label on the left.   Then I wondered what card base to use. I pulled out a 5.5” white square one and laid the completed pieces on…. and hated it! The white just did not suit the card at all. So, I pulled out the Distress Inks again and added the same colours around the edge of the white card base. Love it!

        The label (Spellbinders) started out as white cardstock as well and I used some of the same ink on it before die cutting it. Then I flipped it over on to black cardstock and traced the label and hand cut it leaving about 1/8” border. The next size label was way too large so I had to do it this way. It was attached with dimensional tape.

        I thought it was done but then I decided the stars needed to be different than the rest of the die cut area so I used Gold Wink of Stella on them. Then I considered it done.  I will make more of these cards with that die but I expect the backgrounds will all be different…. depends on what’s in the stash!

        That’s all for a cool and rainy Wednesday! NHL hockey starts tonight – go Toronto Maple Leafs!

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...