Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Fabric Mini Christmas Trees


        Today I’m posting something a little different – okay, a lot different. A very unusual fabric Christmas tree that I made several years ago for a quilt guild challenge showed up on my Facebook page and I reposted it. My daughter saw it and decided that she now needed three of them. I sort of remembered how I made them and decided to try to make them for her.

Our quilt guild challenge was to make a project using some ugly fabric that they gave us….everyone else made a small quilt project.  You know how they say, “look outside the box”? Well the area around the box I look out  of is wide and open for anything. Here is the first one I made.



Here are the three I made for her.




    These are strips of fabric dipped in watered down Tacky glue and laid on a wire…many layers are better. Once they are dry I had to zigzag shiny matching thread over the wire to hid it. Then holes were poked through so I could add the beads. The wire goes up through the star and also glued on the back. On the one I made I just poked the wire down into the old wooden stool but I decided Barbi’s should be a bit more secure so the backs were secured with a small dowel covered with some heavy cardstock. The old wooden spools had fancy thread wrapped around them and they are then glued to a small wooden circle. They are a fair amount of work but she liked them so it was worth the trouble of making them.

        That’s all for a very cold Wednesday, Dec 11, 2109 …..it’s going down to -12C (10F) overnight. I’ll be back on Friday with another card.

 Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 



1 comment:

  1. OOOOoooh Violet these are beautiful!! I may make myself a forest! lol Did you notice that the first one you made is more triangular like a Christmas tree and the ones you made for Barbi remind me of topiary's .... So pretty! Hmmm.. i could use tiny bells for the Christmas balls... Look what you've done now... you have my crafty brain running 90 mph...lol Love them violet! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...