Friday, December 13, 2019

A Snow Babies Card


        It was a little milder here today but rain and perhaps freezing rain tonight and tomorrow. Today was a very busy day. I finally got all my Christmas cards addressed and dropped off to the post office. We had a neighbour pop in for a coffee and visit this afternoon and then another friend came for a visit and brought us a loaf of zucchini bread that we both love. I have the best friends! Then I tidied up the craft desk and put the Christmas stamps, dies and paper away. I’m not making any more Christmas cards for this year. After supper I whipped up some sugar cookies but they have sit in the fridge for at least an hour so I’ll bake them tomorrow. Busy day but a fun day.

        Our camera club sometimes sets up displays for various photography techniques. I just have a point-and-shoot camera, not like the others that can change lenses and can get some awesome results but mine are okay. Last week it was Christmas items on display in front of lights. A few of the photographs turned out pretty good so some were made into cards. Here is one of them.

 
      Do you remember Snow Babies? Or Collect them? I have a couple that were gifts but not really a collection….but they are cute. I really liked these Snow Babies hugging so I printed off a small image – I think about 3x4. I was able to put two on a 4x6 which enabled me to cut them apart leaving that small 1/8” border. The background paper is from a 6” paper pack. That is a die cut snow border along the left side. As soon as I glued it down I dumped on some white fine glitter from Stampin' UP. This sticks to any glue that has leaked out from behind and it looks lovely. The fishtail tag was die cut and the peel-off sentiment added along with a gold bell.  This card was sent to my oldest daughter’s best friend who practically lived at our house as a teen. I used to say I had 3 ½ daughters and she calls me Mom2. Hope she likes it.

        That’s all for a milder Friday, December-13-19. Are you superstitious? I’m not. I’m a jinx all year! Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend…be safe…be creative…be kind. I’ll be back on Monday with another post.  

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...