Monday, April 13, 2020

Coping with the Pandemic Art Page


        We had yet another rainy weekend and today was very windy….like gale force winds. Our walk was cut a bit short as I could hardly move forward by the end of it.
        I’ve been very busy making dozens of masks and scrub hats for the hospital and for friends but today, thanks to the weather, my brain disorders were too bad for me to sew. So, it was down to the lower studio (aka the basement) where I made an art journal page to reflect staying home during the pandemic. Our provincial government just extended the self-isolation until May 21….if only more people would just stay home this could end sooner!
        So here’s the art journal page.


        I work on a piece of mixed media paper that was removed from the pad. It’s the best for this kind of art because it takes lots of layers of spray and water. The background was several different sprays of ink; then several different Distress Inks sponged on; then some stamping…a little bit of everything. The photo is our house. Joe was laughing at me when I told him I was going outside in the wind to take a photo of our house to put on an art journal page – laughing and shaking his head, so the usual thing he does when I tell him my plans. To create the viruses, ugly grey cardstock was sprayed with pink and then purple spray and one of them had some clear glitter in it….I mix up a lot on my own and I’m not very good at labeling them. Then I drew the viruses and cut them out. White paint was added to the tops of the viruses and they were then outlined with a black sharpie. This will be my reminder of coping with this pandemic.
        That’s all for a very windy April 13, 2020.

Cheers
Violet
PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.





1 comment:

  1. I get to see your home!!!! I'm so glad you explained how you did everything.. The viruses are done excellent! I'am us extra extra early so we can go to town during the senior time set aside for older people.. Take good care Violet! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...