Wednesday, April 8, 2020

A Re-purposed Card


        It was a beautiful warm sunny afternoon here – close to 15C (59F) but we will be having yet another thunderstorm overnight (we had a doozy of a thunderstorm last night) and tomorrow it will plunge down to 8C (46F). This morning I left to get some groceries at 7:00 am and it was foggy – really foggy. I hate driving in fog so I’m glad I didn’t have to leave the city to get groceries. You absolutely do not know how to dress for the day any more as the temperature and weather changes hourly. For the most part we are self-isolating and staying home but we do have to have groceries and I’ve volunteered to get them.
        Today’s card turned out so nice I’m glad I re-purposed the old greeting card.
 

        One of my friends gave me a huge bag of old greeting cards that she got from another friend. This water colour picture was on the front of one of the cards. I just had to use it. The double stitched frame was die cut out of some green cardstock from the stash. It was positioned over the main part of the picture that I wanted to be the focus. I found the designer paper in the stash as well and it looked fine with the die cut frame. I wanted something else though so I took a piece of green twill ribbon and glued it around the designer paper; taped down at the back; and then added a simple phony bow at one end. The sentiment is a gold peel-off…..then called it finished.
        That’s all for a warm and sunny Wednesday, on April 8, 2020.
Cheers
Violet
PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...