Friday, December 17, 2021

Cat in the Stocking

 

It’s just 8 days away from Christmas and its likely going to be another green one here. It has been quite mild during the day here with temperatures in the 30’s and even 40’s but there also has been a strong wind blowing which makes it feel colder than that. We may get snow tomorrow but it will likely be gone as quickly as it comes. Suits me just fine. Thanks to the new Covid variant, a lot of Christmas plans are being canceled. I’m off soon to get my booster shot - and then I will continue to avoid crowds of people. I’ll be so glad when this pandemic is over. Thank goodness I have a lot of indoor hobbies.

In the meantime, I have more cards to post. Here’s a cute one.

                             
This cute cat in the stocking was stamped and coloured with alcohol markers - which I seldom use because I have so few and most of them are cheap ones from the dollar store….but they still work fine. Once he was coloured, light blue in was sponged around him and then darker blue snowflakes were stamped on. It was mounted on an offset piece of paper and then glued to the background paper. Green ribbons were wrapped around it and through a wooden snowflake and then it was mounted on the card base. The stamped image was mounted on a piece of scrap paper the same as the background and it was glued one with a dimensional strip.

This one went to my grandson who has a cat.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Got my booster shot a few days ago... sore arm but otherwise fine... Hubby got his a few weeks ago... now he was a little under the weather for about a day...headache...sore muscles...tired but then fine.. We don't curb our activity much... try to be sensible though... try to avoid crowds... sanitize hands etc... I refuse to cower for the rest of my life... new variants will come through all the time... the only reason we know of it now is because we are paying attention.. Big Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...