Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Three Cards today

     We finally had a couple sunny days here in Ontario but rain predicted for Thursday night and most of Friday and then snow on Saturday and the temperatures will drop to just above freezing on Saturday as well. It is not feeling much like spring yet.

    Today I’m posting three cards all made with the same stamp but one was just inked with black ink while the other two were inked with VersaMark and then white embossing powder and heat set. Which one is your favourite.

      All three backgrounds started out as white cardstock and had various Distress Inks sponged on them and then water was splattered on; let dry for a few seconds; then a towel was placed on top to absorb the excess water which leave those lovely white splashes.

                                    
        
This stamp was stamped using black ink on white cardstock that was coloured with various Distress Inks. The streaks and bits were added to give it some dimension and movement. The black ink just didn’t get very dark even though it was in my Tim H. stamping platform and reinked a few times. It was okay but I thought I could do better.

 



    So this time the image was stamped using VersaMark ink and white embossing powder that was heat set. It was heat set before I sponged on the background and all I had to do was wipe over the embossed image with a dry cloth to remove any ink that was sitting on top. I use this technique a lot and I really like how these two turned out.

    Once all three were dry I used a curved sentiment and stamped them using VersaMark and black embossing powder on the black card and white embossed on these two.

    I love to experiment! Hope you enjoyed these cards. If there is any technique you struggle with or you want me to try out; leave a comment and I’ll see if I can make a card or two per your suggestions.

   Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

2 comments:

  1. Amazing how much more i like the white than the black.. I must remember that as my go to is black ink.. I'm partial to the blue card but really Violet they are all good!! I'd love to see how you do a shaker card... :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a shaker card today. To be posted soon.
      Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...