Monday, May 22, 2023

Aqua Card Number 10

 It’s been awhile since my last post. Life has been busy and the computer kept acting like a brat and kept doing updates as soon as I wanted to use it… and when it wants to update, I have to let it or it slows down so much I can’t use it. Hopefully, life, and the computer, will co-operate better now.

 This is the last card I made in the 10 card series of using one entire paper pack. (Check back a few posts for the start of them and the explanation) It was a fun project I assigned myself and I did indeed use the entire paper pack except for some very small bits and pieces.  

                                               

 For this card I only had a few strips of paper left over, some not even long enough to go across the card. Solution? Glue them together and then placed them behind a stitched white panel with a circle die cut out! I actually liked this a lot better than I thought I would. I had one long piece so it did go across the width of the card at the bottom. Even the hand cut banner with the peel-off sentiment is from the paper pack. Once it was glued to the aqua card base, the butterfly that just happened to have aqua in its wings was glued on. I did not like the body of the butterfly so I replaced it with a die cut one using an old Memory Box die.

That’s all for Monday, May 22, 2023. This is the end of the long weekend in Canada referred to as May 2-4. It used to be called Victoria Day when I was a child which was to honour England’s Queen Victoria but somehow it got changed to May 2-4. 

We enjoyed a 50th wedding anniversary party for my son-in-law’s parents on Saturday - the card I made for them will be on the next post - and yesterday we spent another day photographing birds at Rondeau. Today is a day of rest except for laundry which also piled up.

Take care all and please spread some kindness wherever you go.

  

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I really like this card that you pieced together.... Especially the window you cut out... perfect! Today is my Granddaughters 5th birthday~ Life has been busy here too.. Trying to get caught up cutting down my weeds... Between the vacation we took and receiving 3 inches of rain ... i'm behind getting them under control... Take care Violet! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...