Monday, May 8, 2023

Aqua Card Number 9

 It’s spring weather - finally! We are still getting a lot more rain than we normally do but at least its warmer now.

Before I post today’s card which will be Aqua card number 9, I will try to explain the last card a little better. I had a comment on the blog’s last post that questioned how I made the strips float.  Comments and questions are always welcome.

So, as a review, here’s Aqua Card number 8 that was posted last week.

As I posted, the strips were glued to a piece of stiff plastic, like a transparency; leaving a space in between them. Then the piece was flipped over and dimensional strips were glued to just the back of the strips and then it was glued to the card base.

However, it’s very hard to see the dimension in the photo so I took another photo while holding it on its side. Perhaps this will explain why the strips look like they are floating.

                       

              
 Hope that helps but if not, leave another comment and I’ll try again.

 And now for Aqua Card number 9.

44

                                         

More strips being used.  This time I just taped the strips together at the back with a thin 1/8” strip of dark aqua in between them until it reached 5.25 inches. Then I taped the dark aqua strips to either side; and added the silver peel-off strips to the side; and then glued the whole thing as one piece to a light blue card base. The fancy scrolled circle die is an old one that I‘ve had in my stash for ages and seldom use. It was die cut out of light blue cardstock and it was fine as it was but I wanted a little more dimension so I die cut a circle frame from matching cardstock and glued that on. The sentiment is a silver peel-off. I may use this as a template for future cards as I quite like how it turned out.

 One more Aqua card to post but that’s for another day.

That’s all for a warmer Monday May 8, 2023.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

1 comment:

  1. OOOoooo i get it Violet! lol ! My brain just wasn't working that day....lol Your Aqua #9 is lovely too!!! We are downright HOT here but we've had a sprinkle of rain and more promised on the way this week... so fingers crossed one of those rainy days comes true.. Big Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...