Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Three Flower Cards

 I have three cards to show you today, all very similar but with small differences. I was having one of those days when my brain disorders were acting up but I wanted to do something, but didn’t know what. So, I headed on down to the ‘lower studio’ (aka the basement) where I make my cards, scrapbook, paint, etc and pulled out the wild flower dies I have. I think they are Tim Holtz but not sure as I take everything out of the packages. Anyway, I was having fun and doing something like this seems to make the pain less noticeable and I just kept making them.

And then I realized I had to do something with them. Gulp. I made a lot of flowers. This is one of the cards I made.

                             
 So I pulled out a bucket die, die cut it twice and glued them together, inked the edges and added the brads. There is a slit in the top of the bucket to insert things like flowers so I just kept adding various flowers until I liked the end result; taped them together at the back and then thought, “hmm, what next? I really should start thinking projects through from beginning to end but I never do. Its design as you go in this house.

So, I sat the flowers and pot to one side and started looking through the stash for some paper I could use to decorate the front of the cards. The bucket and flowers got so large, I decided to make 5 x 7 cards instead of my usual A2 size cards. I found plenty of paper that I was able to tape together at the back to fill the card base; added some gold strips or ribbons; and then glued to bucket of flowers on. I decided not to add a sentiment as I’m not sure if I will be using these as birthday or thinking of you cards. I still have some flowers left over too. Here are the other two cards.

 



That’s all for a beautiful day this first of August.

 

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I like how they are all different yet similar! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...