Thursday, July 27, 2023

A quick and Easy Card

 I’m back! I haven’t been anywhere but I’m back! It’s just been so busy that I haven’t even turned the laptop on all week. The weather has not been kind to me either. We’ve had some vicious thunderstorms which trigger off my brain disorders so I was not in a computing mood all week. I did go down to the lower studio (aka the basement) yesterday and started on 12 cards to donate to our local hospice. Just about finished them today. Twelve more to make. I usually donate 24 every month or so. Tomorrow it is going to feel like over 100F here and, of course, more thunderstorms! Same for Saturday. But on Sunday, the temperatures will drop down to our normal July temps in the 70’sF. Thank goodness. Love the heat, hate the humidity.

Awhile back I bought some crafting supplies from FB Marketplace and the lady I bought them from, threw in some extras. One of which is the flower on this card. There was only one so instead of putting it in the flower stash, I made a card.

                                      
 I don’t have any of these types of dies - poor me, I know. So it was fun to see how I could use it. I found some purple/wine cardstock that picked up that same colour in the rose and made a card base. I used the other part to create that stitched background. I’m really loving these stitched backgrounds. Then I searched through the purple stash to find some coordinating paper. I inked the edges with the wine Distress ink, glued them smaller one behind the larger one and then glued the flower on, tucking some leaves underneath. Then three rhinestones were added. The sentiment is a gold peel-off.

This was a quick and easy card but I liked how it turned out.

 That is all for a hot and humid Thursday, July 27, 2023.

 Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. GoodMorning Violet!! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better my friend! No thunder...no lightning... no RAIN here... Up over 100F every day.. a little too humid for my liking... This morning in dragged myself out of bed and out the door at first light for a walk... trying to get back to that.... I've seriously fallen off the wagon.. I even gave hubby permission to boot me out of bed if i don't get up...lol .. What a lovely card you made from that one flower.. I never think to check FBmarketplace for craft stuff... Stay cool and stay well ! hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...