Sunday, December 10, 2023

An Owl Card

 Yet another week has flown by. Lots of rain but no snow. It was way above normal temperatures for a couple of days…as long as you were out of the wind! I finally got my Christmas cards finished and they will be off the to post office tomorrow. Can’t post them yet as some of the recipients check out my blog.

 But, here’s a card you might enjoy. I had fun making it and I remember thinking to myself, “Not sure I’m crazy about this one. Its cute and I love owls but who is going to like to get this one” and then my friend saw and loved it and wanted it. Happens all the time.

                                  
The owl is a new die I recently bought. I do love owls and couldn’t resist it. I didn’t put a greeting on it but I think it had a birthday greeting inside. There is a checkered background, wood grain paper, same paper as background on a slant; lined paper and then the owl. All the paper have inked edges with brown ink. I wanted a rustic look, but not grunge. The wood grain paper is actually brown cardstock that I ran through a wood grain embossing folder but I sponged on dark brown ink on to the folder before running it through. Gives it more texture.

 The owl took a bit of cutting and assembling but I enjoy making these and once it was made, it was a quick card to put together.

 That’s all for a cool but not cold Sunday, December 10, 2023.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE owls too! but i must say i do tend to go for the more realistic ones. This one is so darn CUTE though! I'm sure glad you have patience to make these cause then i get to see them. Big hugs! Stay warm! We are expecting rain this week!!! Cross your fingers , we need it. deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...