Tuesday, January 9, 2024

 Rain! Rain, rain and more rain. Its been raining here since sometime in the middle of the night and hasn’t stopped. But it could be worse, the areas north and east of us are getting rain, snow, sleet and freezing rain… it changes from one to the other at will which makes driving very dangerous. At least we don’t have to shovel rain! All this rain is coming from a Texas Low! Yes, we get a lot of our weather from a Texas Low which is strong wind that picks up moisture from the Gulf of Mexico and follows the jet stream to Ontario. This is also why we get the aftermath of a lot of hurricanes. A little weather info for you!

Now on with the card of the day!

                                    

  This card came about one bit at a time. I had no idea what I was going to make when I started out. I bought a package of various flowers and butterflies from Stamp Art in London, ON (awesome on-line or in person shopping store) and I really liked this one. Roses are my favourite flower. I had some beige cardstock that who knows where it came from and it was cut about 4 x 6 so I trimmed them all down to 4 x 5.25. Then I used a text stamp to stamp some words to get rid of all the beige. I think I stamped this in Distress Ink Rusty Hinge. I didn’t want it even as it was just for some background dimension so I didn’t use an acrylic block. I just tapped on ink here and there. The edges were inked with the same ink. I found this card base in my stock and thought it would look nice with the roses. I wanted something behind the roses so I twirled some gold thread around and glued it behind the roses. Then I stamped the sentiment on a die cut tag and called it finished.

 That’s all for a very wet Tuesday, January 9, 2024.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately all that rain we send your way from TX misses us most of the time and forms just East of us. This time we did get a little rain...less than 1/2 and inch but wind Oh My Goodness the wind!!! Its been blowing for day and night finally sometime today it settled down..whew.. Love your card Violet I love roses too.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, very strong winds here as well. Nature does not always play fair, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...