Thursday, January 11, 2024

Turning Paper Scraps into Cards

 Unfortunately the bad weather did not miss us completely. Nasty cold wind and more snow and then rain which melts the snow but it makes everything slippery and icy in spots….. and we get to experience this again tomorrow.….with even more snow….. Yuck.

 Today’s card was made with two pieces of left over paper I found in one of my many stashes and decided NOT to put it back in the stash but to use it! I think these were the last two pieces I had of a Thomas Kincaide paper pack I bought - YEARS ago. I’m so bad at hanging on to bits of paper it’s ridiculous.

                                              
I did ponder on how to use these two bits of paper for quite awhile. I set them both on various backgrounds and different sentiments and embellishments but nothing was right…. but as I was moving them around they eventually ended up sitting on top of each other. AAHHH Light bulb moment people! I took a piece of grey cardstock and made a standard A2 card card base and then used the other half of the cardstock to cut two pieces to mount the designer paper on - each one is 1/4” larger so a small 1/8” border shows. I glued them down and die cut a sentiment in black and the outline in white and glued it to a piece of velum - yes, also left over - and decided I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

That’s all for a cold and typical January day on January 11, 2024.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your lightbulb moment! Beautiful! I've been missing in action.. kids are visiting.. waiting to get in their apartment.. .. kinda bumps me 0ff the computer.. No worries i'll be back! We are COLD!!! We got down to 12F... i'm sure not as cold as you but highly unusual for us.. We come back out of freezing tomorrow.. woohoo!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...