Thursday, January 18, 2024

Sympathy Card

 It’s been a while since I’ve posted. Unfortunately we have had a family member that took a turn for the worst and is going into palliative care. So, postings will be few and far between for a while. However, I have this morning free so I thought I would share a post. Strangely enough I’ve been making sympathy cards since the New Year.

 


 I had four jars stamped on velum and never used them. So, I hand cut around one and  coloured the back of it with a blue Bic alcohol pen to add water. Then I used some Tim Holtz wild flowers and other die cuts that were in my ‘in case I need them one day’ stash and positioned them behind it. When I don’t feel like creating cards or scrapbooking, I just sit and die cut and colour various elements for future use. It comes in very handy. Then of course came the problem of how to glue it to the cardstock panel I had die cut with a stitched edge, which is the same as the card base.

Seeing as I had four jars stamped, I decided to add some wide double sided adhesive to one of them and then hand cut it. It was glued to the back of the decorated one and I used a black Bic pen to go around the edges. Then I dabbed glue on the back of the flowers, removed the backing from the jar and glued it all down. A double bow was tied and added to the top of the jar. The fish tail banner was die cut and stamped. Small pieces of double side dimensions were added to the ends of the banner before it was glued down. This kept it straight as it was going over the jar. Otherwise the ends would probably bend down.

That’s all for a frigid cold Thursday. We have been under a record breaking cold spell here in Ontario - and through a lot of the Northern Hemisphere and it will not end until next Monday. The low, with the wind chill, some nights were -28C (-18F). I hate winter. That is all.

 

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your family member Violet. It is quite the coinsidence that you have been making sympathy cards. I like your idea of stamping the jar on vellum. What a clever idea. It looks really great. I may not hate Winter but i'am definitely over this latest cold spell.. Staying below freezing for days is not fun... Today we had a beautiful day in the 70'sF.. Then tomorrow is in the 40'sF and 60's F next week with predicted rain.. fingers crossed on the rain.. Take care! We are busy with GrandLittles.. 13 days till they get their own apartment.. whew... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. Our weather has been up and down as well.....with a lot of rain.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...