Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cat and Fish quilt

Back to quilting projects. I made this quilt for a great-great nephew....and no, I'm not in my nineties! I feel too young to have a great-great anything but I do - several of them actually.  That's what happens when you are second youngest of 7 children - the older siblings had a head start on having their families.

I needed a quick and easy quilt for my sister's grandson's baby boy. I had some fabric with cats on it and I just photocopied one of them, enlarged it and used that a pattern for the cat - fused and satin stitched around it. Then I cut out simple fish shapes from scraps, embellished them with scraps and added sashings and borders and there you have it! Another design as you go quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...