Sunday, May 1, 2011

Monarch Sympathy Cards

Another rainy day in May! Well, first day of May and it's a rainy one! We were hoping to go to Rondeau Provincial Park for more hiking and birding today but it was pouring rain this morning and threatening all afternoon so we skipped it and had a quiet day at home. I finished a scrapbook layout which I will post another day. Hubby watched his Detroit Red Wings lose their hockey game...hee hee hee! Obviously I'm not a Red Wing fan - Toronto Maple Leafs for me!...maybe next year I'll watching hockey in May!

Anyway, today I'm posting a couple of sympathy cards I made with a photo of a Monarch butterfly I took last year.


I bought a package of cards at the dollar store and didn't realize they were embossed. I'm using them up but not crazy about them. Like I said, the photo is one of my own. I cut out the frame by using two Spellbinder dies, the oval and the oval scallop and then embossed them while still together. I will use the oval in another project. I just chalked the embossed flowers with pale yellow chalk and a touch of green for the leaves.

Here's another card using another photo. I think it may be the same butterfly on the same flower but a little different angle.


The background paper is from my stash so no idea what company made it. This time I cut out the photo with a Spellbinder die and cut two larger ones from the same set,one in the same green as the lower background and one off white. I then trimmed away some of the green to use under the photo, inked the edges of the white one and layered them.  The border is from Martha Stewart and I really like this one. Every other butterfly pops up, the ones in between punch out. I chalked the ones that pop up with yellow chalk to pick up the colour of the flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...