Friday, June 10, 2011

Bellarific Friday entry June 10

Last night I sat down and wrote out a very long blog and when I hit the key to enter it – blogger said it had a problem and did not send it to my blog. When I went back – gone! So maddening. So for now on, I will type my blogging notes in WORD and then copy and past and I won’t have to worry about good ol’ blogger deleting all my work!

So today is another Bellariffic challenge entry. This week it was paper piecing. I just happened to be making some anniversary cards a lady ordered and I had this one already half done when I read the challenge.  


I stamped and coloured the stamped image with my Prismacolor crayons and gamsol and then cut it out and set it aside. The background was made by using a circle template for the moon that I cut out of an old card. I first used the negative side to colour in all the yellows and then covered it up with the positive circle to sponge in the blue background which was all Distress Inks. The moon was a combination of Distress ink and other inks I have.

I ripped a piece of paper to put over where I wanted the sky to end to create some hills in the background. Used the other side of the ripped paper, matching it up to where the sky ended to do the grassy area. The green grass was also Distress Ink and then added some pencil to make grass blades.

I had picked up a .99 over at Mary Maxim’s last night we went to Port Huron and I cut it in half because I really just wanted the one part which I stamped in the top left corner. I used a piece of ribbon the same colour as the sky and stamped “congratulations” on it over and over with a small swirl from another stamp and adhered it to the bottom of the card. Hope she likes it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...