Friday, June 17, 2011

Bellarific Friday entry June 17

Busy day today in spite of having my brain disorders attack me again last night – thunderstorms will do it every time. However, this time I have much less pain but my speech is slurred. I refuse to drive when I’m like this even to go to the Y for Aqua Fit because a) people who don’t know me well enough to know that I’m a total abstainer from alcohol will think I’m drunk and b) if I ever get pulled over by the police for anything they will automatically think I’m under the influence and have me walk toe-to-toe down the white line. I can’t do that on a good day!...and I’ve been practicing that from time to time since my brain surgery but it never improves. I’m also severely claustrophobic and if they ever put me in a jail cell I would go berserk – so I take no chances. But we did manage to run some errands, (hubby always drives when we go together) get groceries, take some bags of yard waste that was too big for my composter (mostly peonies and rose stems) and then an hour’s walk around Mud Creek Trail. Nice day actually!



Now on to the card. This week Stampin Bella’s challenge was to make a card in a “summer” theme.  Here is my card.


I first used a piece of “Color Me” paper from Paper Wishes. It comes pre-embossed. I sprayed it with a mixture I created using Perfect Pearls and water and sprayed it with my Ranger mister and then wiped off the excess. I found a piece of paper in my stash that complimented it and used it for the bottom part. A similar colour ribbon and bow covered the seam. After colouring the stamped image with my Prismacolor pencils and gamsol I cut it out with a Spellbinder die and then added a slim border. Then cut out the Spellbinder Scallop die in the same green as the bottom piece. A Spellbinder label die was used in plain white with the die left in and the centre coloured in with chalk. The “congratulations” sentiment was then stamped on. I decided then to use some of my flower soft so I added them to the purple flowers on the long stems and the small blue balls. It's much nicer in person of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...