Sunday, June 26, 2011

crystallized anniversary card

What great weather this weekend….and to top it off I had two good days in a row! We got a 7 km hike in on Saturday and a 27 km bike ride today. Of course, we finished the day with a scoop of ice cream but what the heck, we don’t do that very often…and so good to indulge once in awhile.

No crafting done over the weekend but I did get lots done last week so here’s one of my favorite cards. A friend ordered two anniversary cards so this is what I came up with. I actually made 3 cards and gave her the choice of which ones she liked.  She liked this card so much she decided to have them both the same so that makes it easy. The rest will go into my stash to be sold.




The stamped image was from a stamp I rented from The Paper Pickle – well, it was a free rental with one of their coupons! After embossing it in gold, I coloured it in with various colours of pink, wine and purple and then went over it completely with a light pink just to blend it all. The leaves were done the same way with two or three colours of green. All colouring was done with Tombow markers. I then put a thin layer of Tacky Glue over the flower and a bit on the leaves and dumped, and I mean dumped, clear glitter on top. Once it was shook off the flower was dazzling. Love it. The picture does not do it justice. I chalked the blue around it and mounted it on a piece of pink c/s and then on the patterned paper. I cut the inside of the pink and patterned paper out and saved the pieces to decorate the inside of the card. The “congratulations” was stamped in gold and then I added some gold bits at the top left corner to set it off. The burgundy/wine bow was from the lot I bought at the Tender Tootsie Outlet in Glencoe. I forgot the lady wanted “35”on it somewhere as both recipients are celebrating 35 years of marriage so I still have to add that on. I think I’ll put it on a small tag and attach it to the bow


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...