Monday, June 27, 2011

bluebird of happiness?

Another nice June day today. Had some wonderful visits with the people at the nursing homes I visit about once a month. However, after two days of being outside and getting lots of exercise, I'm in one of those "I don't know what I feel like doing" tonight....so I think I'll go cheer the Blue Jays on to a win over hubby's Tigers and read my book.

Until then, here's today's card. Every time I look at it I think "bluebird of happiness" so that's what I call it.



I covered the card front with the flowered paper, added the scallop edge and the blue at the bottom which has embossed medallions on it (came that way). I cut 3 panels same colour as the scallop and inked the edges and adhered them. I stamped the bluebird with blue ink (I think it was Almost Navy from Stampin' Up) and then cut it out using a Spellbinder die. I cut out a navy blue piece using a larger die and adhered them together and then to the card base. I decided it needed something more so I coloured in some of the flowers on the bird and the trail with a Tombow marker the same colour as some of the flowers in the patterned paper. Then I added a few gems to some of the flowers and the bird's eye. After it was all done I realized I had forgotten to glue the 3 panels to the dark blue ones before gluing them to the card. Oh, oh too late! It's still OK, but would have been better if I had done what I originally planned to do.
Note to self - don't glue things together when you're tired!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...