Friday, June 24, 2011

Bellarific Friday entry June 24



This week's challenge from Stampin' Bella was a sketch - and one I really like. I dug into my stash of Christmas paper and found this striped piece and the polka dot strip was from another line but the colours matched - and that doesn't happen all the time!
I had some Bazzle card stock so I cut out a 11 x 5.5 rectangle, scored and folded it half to form the card. The background behind the 3 small cream strips was from the left over piece of c/s I made the card base from. The cream coloured strips were just plain cream and too "loud" so I used cream ink and a texture stamp to make a subtle background design.

The Bella image of the Christmas ball was embossed with gold, and only the red berries and green leaves were coloured in - with waterproof markers. Then I brushed on a water downed coat of Tacky Glue and dumped clear glitter all over it. It doesn't show up as nice in the picture but up close it looks like a frosted ball. Both the base for the printed image and the scalloped c/s were cut using Spellbinders dies in my Cuttlebug. The blue is chalk. The ribbon that says Merry Christmas was from my stash and it just fit across the page in between the phrase so I used fray check on the ends so they would fray.

I really like this sketch and I've made a couple more cards using it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...