Friday, August 5, 2011

Bellarific Friday entry August 5, 2011

This week's challenge from Stampin' Bella was to make a card with metal on it. Another easy challenge. I stamped this Bella on watercolour paper because I decided to use Tombow makers, shaded with Tim Holtz distress ink. But I cheated a bit! this stamp came with a small ship and she is wishing someone Bon Voyage...not a card I would likely make...so after I stamped the image, I stamped the heart shaped balloon on my "Stampa-Ma-Jig" and positioned on the card and stamped it. I coloured in the stamped balloon and string with Tombow markers to get the balloon red and the string black. The string was not quite long enough so I just added to it with a black pen. The background paper is from a pack of paper I won in a contest and the coral colour is from my stash. For the metal part, I just stamped a flower stem and added a metal flower with a gem in the centre. A little stitching around the stamped image before I adhered it all together and then added the bow - which I made myself with my homemade bow maker!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...