Monday, August 8, 2011

Doodle challenge

Every week Stampin' Bella's blog (http://stampingbella.com/blog/) has two challenges... one is a weekly card challenge and the other is a mixed media challenge. Anyone can submit their entry however with the card challenge you must use a Stampin' Bella stamp but not with the mixed media.

Last week the mixed media challenge was to "doodle". I love to doodle. I used to get in trouble for doodling along the edges of my school note books...except for one high school teacher who actually said he would give me an automatic 73% if I filled up 4 or 5 (can't remember exactly how many) pages of doodles instead of writing the exam. I made the mistake of mentioning this to the parents - who were not impressed and I had to write the exam. My mark - 73%! Hhhhmmm. Not sure why I remember this but it obviously made an impression.

Anyway, I made the doodle design and sent it in. I don't have an art journal so I've been doing the challenges on odd bits of paper or canvas laying around. Note to self - treat yourself to an art journal - you know you want one!!

This time I took a piece of water colour paper and misted it with a light mixture of water, alcohol and perfect pearls. I just wanted a light coat and the perfect pearls give it shine. When I checked on S.B.'s blog I noticed that most of the entries were coloured. I didn't realize we could colour them. Another note to self - read the rules better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...