Sunday, August 14, 2011

Got Cha! scrapbooking layout


I like this layout! I got the idea for it from a layout in Scrapbook Etc. magazine...at least the sun and other background. The rest of the layout is my own. Page sketches are great but only if you have the exact paper and number and size of photos - which I seldom have so once again, I just use them to trigger ideas of my own. I cut the large yellow sun out of cardstock and then took decorative scissors to cut the rays. Then I took some bright yellow ink (not sure which one I grabbed) and some Marigold distress ink and inked the rays. Using the two different yellow gave the rays some depth. The blue zigzag covered where I joined the sky and the beach area. I thought at first the beach paper was too dark but I liked the contrast after I put it together. The title lettering are foam - part of a huge bucket full I picked up at the dollar store - and they are acid free too. I have an acid testing pen which I seem to use a lot. After the layout was done I realized I had no "triangle" of yellow so I added a yellow foam fish (from the same bucket as the letters) pointing to the third picture. Much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...