Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pergamano Experiments

A couple of weeks ago I was wandering around one of the thrift stores and came across a box that said Pergamano Starter Kit....Parchment Craft Art Form. OK, sounded interesting and it was only $1.99 so I took a chance on it. It was missing a couple of pieces including the embossing tool but I have quite a few of those so no problem. I did one card using one of their templates. Here it is:

It's a tad hard to photograph these but basically when you emboss on the one side of parchment paper it turns white on the front. The kit included some kind of waxy/oily colouring stick but only in pink. I used it to add a bit of colour to the flowers and butterfly. I then mounted it on the shiny blue card base. Not bad. It's definitely nicer in person.

However, I'm not much for following patterns so then I started to experiment. I have some small dies from ProvoCraft, the company that makes the Cuttlebug, and haven't used them much so I pulled them out.
Here is one card I made running a piece of parchment paper and die thru the Cuttlebug.

Not bad at all! I left this one white but I did use my embossing tool to emboss the flowers and leaves a bit more. After cutting out a couple of scallop squares and inking the edges I just glued the stack to a piece of patterned paper. The sentiment was stamped and then cut out using the Spellbinders ribbon tag die.

I have two more I'll post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...