Monday, September 19, 2011

Thinking of you card

What a beautiful weekend we had here - sunny but the wind could be cool - what what else can you expect mid-September. After a very long walk Saturday and a 25 km bike ride yesterday, today is definitely take it easy day....besides, it's raining today. We needed the rain and I'm glad it waited til after the weekend to start.

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a mixed bag of stuff at Value Village and inside was a brand new stamp set from Close to my Heart. Bonus! It had 4 small 2" stamps of flowers but the flower itself was the negative space. I decided to try them out and here's the first card I made.

I picked some blue's that went together and cut 3 squares and then embossed the edges. Then I inked up the flower stamp and added a darker blue around the edges and stamped it on plain white cardstock, and then ran it thru the same size die as the other squares. I took a piece of designer paper and inked the edges (I almost always ink edges) and glued it to the card base and then added the smaller squares in a grid. A peel and stick sentiment and a butterfly one two of them and I left the dark blue with the circles plain. Done. I'm liking this stamp set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...