Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Thinking of you card

Yesterday I posted a card using a stamp set from Close to my Heart that I picked up at Value Village - thank you to the kind person who donated it to them. I love it. Here is another card I made using one of those small stamps.

This time I used another stamp in the opposite corner, but stamped in the same blue as the dark blue used on the flower stamp. I just stamp with a light blue then tap along the edges with the dark blue for more depth. I obviously used two different colours for the bird and green for the leaves. The top right square was first run thru the Cuttlebug using one of the embossing folders and then die cut out the one large flower. I first rolled some light blue on the folder to give the background just a hint of colour. The bottom left corner was just a piece of scrap blue paper, die cut and the edges inked. I added some peel and stick flower centres and sentiment in silver. The three small round dots started out clear and I coloured them with alcohol ink to get that deep blue colour. The background paper is a textured shimmer paper I picked up at the Paper Pickle and the yarn is just from a skein of eyelash yarn from my stash. Overall, not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...