Friday, October 28, 2011

Bellarific Friday entry October 28, 2011

It's definitely fall! We had a very heavy frost last night. Hubby will be in a funk now. He hates winter. You would think after 72 years he would be at least sort of used it? But no, he just plain hates winter. Time to dig up the Calla Lilly bulbs and Gladiolus corms now. We have already pulled out all the annuals and the garden looks neat - and blah! I'm already planning big changes for next year. We had a friend pull out two bushes that I hated and I'm planning to put another set of tipped pots there.

Back to business. This week's challenge from Stampin' Bella was to make a card featuring stripes. Easy one. I actually made two cards but only submitted one of course.
Here's the first card I made.
After making the card I realized that very little of the striped background paper showed up so I went ahead and made another one. This one was coloured with both water-coloured pencils and then some Tombow markers, and lots of glitter using Stickles...and the pink round flowers look fuzzy because I added Flower Soft to them. Did you know that Flower Soft is just two pieces of Styrofoam rubbed together with paint or ink added to colour it? I read that on the Internet and I may try to make a few colours of my own.

Here's the card I sent to Stampin' Bella.


This is Tyler the Jock stamp. This is one of the fastest selling cards I make. Its sometimes hard to find stamps for little boys and this one seems to be a very popular one. I coloured it with Tombow markers this time. I had to cut the paper down to fit the card and had a piece about 1.5 inches left so I cut it down to 1", stamped the Happy Birthday greeting, inked the edges and attached it with the stripes running the opposite way. It needed a little something so I added a gold present sticker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...