Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Cards for 2011

Every year I make the grandchildren Halloween cards. This is what I came up with this year. I'll post them in order of their ages. The first one is for the youngest grandson, Finn. He's about 18 months old so his card was kept very simple.

I made sure Finn's card had no small loose bits and nothing scary. Just a fun card he can carry around the house until it falls apart.

Next up is Seth's card. Seth is 4.


I made him a mummy card. I took a piece of cardboard from a cracker box and painted it white. Then I cut strips of fabric with my pinking shears and wrapped them around, taping them at the back. I glued in two large Googly eyes so he appears to be looking thru the wrapping, and added an orange nose. I glued that to a piece of orange cardstock that I ripped and distress the edges and inked black. Seth is a rough and tumble boy that is not afraid of anything so I added a cobweb and spider. I bought these at Fabricland. They are iron-on ones and the original price tag was $10.98 - not a chance would they sell for that - so I waited and sure enough, the price came down to $2.00 a package. Lots in the package too.

Next is Seth's brother, Jack who is 7.

As you can see, I stamped the scull and crossbones, die cut them out with the deckle die. Then I used the next size up to cut another piece and inked with purple and mounted it on a piece of orange cardstock that had the edges distressed and inked with black. I stamped the orange with the crackle stamp and spooky and then added the spider and cobweb. I just ironed these on between two pieces of typing paper.

Next up is Joven. He's 12 and loves Halloween.




 I took a piece of black cardstock, distressed the edges and used a skeleton head stencil to sponge on white paint and, when dry, I mounted it on white cardstock. I mounted it on the orange and ironed on 3 spiders. These iron-on Halloween embellishments come in a long strip and I just cut apart how many I want. The Danger sign is popped up for dimension.

Well, the oldest grandchild is my one and only granddaughter, Kadri, who is 19 years old. I decided she was getting a little too mature for Halloween cards so I made her a Thinking of You card in fall colours. Here's her's.

I stamped the maple leafs and coloured them with water-colour pencils and blended them with water and mounted them on the orange strip and mounted it on to the patterned paper. The sentiments were actually all one long one so I just cut them apart and attached them.

Wow, this was a long post! Hope you enjoyed the cards.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...