Thursday, October 20, 2011

Cutest Lions Ever

When my grandson, Jack, was one his mom decided he should be a lion for Halloween. She picked out the pattern (I didn't know there were so many lion patterns but there are) and I dragged hubby off to Fabricland to buy the fabric. For good quilts I only buy cotton from quilt shops but for Halloween costumes, cheaper is better! Hubby is really good with colours and snooping around bargain bins - without pulling them all apart. Sure enough, he found just the right colour fabric and it was on sale, big time!

So, here is Jack with the lion costume I made him. This looks a bit complicated but it was super easy to make. I wasn't sure about the ribbon around the neck but this is the one Barbi liked - and she was right! It looked great.

Looks like he was saying "What's a boy to do?"

He loved looking at himself in the mirror.

Yup, cutest little lion ever - or wait, is he? Mmmmhhh he has to share the title with his little brother who wore the same costume when he turned one. Here is our Seth.
Oh yeah! You can tell they are brothers!...and both super cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...