Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sympathy Cards

Still raining! This has been such a rainy October. We were blessed with a few nice days for our Thanksgiving weekend but our Indian Summer is over.  I still have the fall clean-up to do in the garden but that is going to have to wait - and I hope not til spring!

Today I'm sharing two cards I made using the same stamp. I like one much better than the other. I picked up this stamp on sale at Michael's and I do believe it will be used a lot.

Here is the first card I made.
I stamped the image with a teal/blue ink and the leaves with a olive green - both were darker then I thought they would be. I then over-stamped just the flower using the Essential Glue Pad and added a little light blue glitter to tone it down some. The background was sponged using Distress Ink Broken China. I made a light blue bow and added the eyelets and mounted it on a white card blank. Not crazy about it myself.

So, I made another one.

This time I stamped it with a couple of colours of blue and teal and the leaves a lighter green. Same sponging on the background but I added some silver peel and stick  corners. A much softer look which I prefer.

It's strange sometimes because I will put a card out for sale that I don't personally care for and was disappointed on how it turned out, and it will be the first one sold! So, I no longer ditch the ones I don't like in the "big G" because everyone's taste is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...